â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsPrince George Secondary students honoured by Lheidli T'enneh for outstanding academic work

Prince George Secondary students honoured by Lheidli T’enneh for outstanding academic work

The Lheidli T’enneh Nation recognized two exceptional students who have thrived in their studies despite facing hardships from the ongoing pandemic.

Lucas Joseph, 16, is in grade 12 and Rayne Ririe, 14, is in grade nine, and both attend Prince George Secondary School.

“Lucas and Rayne represent the future of our Nation,” said Chief of Lheidli T’enneh Nation, Dayi Clay Pountney, “both students found ways this year to overcome the obstacles to learning presented by the COVID-19 Pandemic.”

Pountney noted that every career and training opportunity is a good one and that the Nation needs members with a variety of skills to succeed.

- Advertisement -

Joseph is passionate about culinary arts and woodworking, he hopes to attend the College of New Caledonia and pursue a career in Forestry.

Additionally, he has spent the last two summers in the Outland Youth Employment Program.

Ririe aspires to become a Pediatric Surgeon and has spent her entire High school career on the Principal’s List for outstanding grades.

“I want to be a Pediatric Surgeon because my mother is also in the Medical Field and I know medicine is always changing and adapting,” she explained, “and I also just really love children.”

Both students were presented with gifts in recognition of their work throughout the year.

“It’s incredible to be here and be recognized for my academics because it’s definitely where I’m most confident,” Ririe added.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading