â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsArt installation at CNC celebrates the four seasons

Art installation at CNC celebrates the four seasons

A new art installation is on display at the main entrance of the College of New Caledonia’s Prince George campus.

Seven pieces by both Indigenous and non-Indigenous artists are on display, incorporating the concepts of the four seasons, connection to the land, and a sense of community.

The installation of art started in September of last year.

“We had two goals when we began this project,” said CNC President and CEO Dr. Dennis Johnson.

- Advertisement -

“First, we wanted to create a positive and welcoming impression when one enters the building. Secondly, we wanted to develop a project that aligns with CNC’s mandate and strategic priorities, including initiatives that support meaningful reconciliation.”

As a part of a celebration that was held yesterday (Monday), the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation provided the college with a territorial acknowledgement plaque.

“Our nation welcomes learners to the Prince George Campus of CNC and to our unceded territory,” said Lhiedli T’enneh Chief Dolleen Logan.

“CNC is critical to the growth and development of this region and Northern BC. We hope the new artwork in the main entrance of CNC’s Prince George Campus will provide students and staff with inspiration and that our Respectful Acknoledgement plaque will build appreciation for our history and lands.”

The project features several unique exhibits by artists Lee-Anne Chisholm, Aaron Harder, Carla Joseph, Taalrumiq (Christina King), and Kimberly Stewart.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading