News Hotel fire caused by cooking results in $10,000 damage SHARE ON: Hartley Miller, staff Thursday, May. 16th, 2019 Hotel that caught fire on Victoria street in Prince George on May16, 2019 | Photo by Sawyer Bogdan Prince George Fire Rescue crews from four halls responded to a possible structure fire on the 1500 block of Victoria Street Wednesday night just after 9:00. Firefighters found a two-story hotel with occupants outside and a small amount of light colored smoke coming from one of the units. Crews made a quick attack to the unit, and found the fire had been put out by company personnel using a fire extinguisher. A lone occupant was able to exit the building safely. There were no injuries to fire personnel. The fire was caused due to cooking and damage is estimated at $10,000.00.