News Canfor announces additional curtailments in Prince George SHARE ON: Sawyer Bogdan, staff Thursday, Jun. 27th, 2019 Prince George Pulp Mill | My PG Now/Staff Canfor announced today (Thursday) the temporary curtailments at its Intercontinental and Northwood NBSK pulp mills in Prince George. This comes in addition to the curtailments the company announced earlier this month for several of its sawmills, including the one on Prince George. A news release said the reduction is due to a significant deterioration in market conditions, in combination with fibre supply constraints, and higher fibre costs. The cutbacks at Intercontinental will be carried out for an entire month from July 12 to Aug 12 and the Northwood cutback will be for three weeks from Aug 15 to Sept 9. The company said it does intend to resume full production at the Intercontinental and Northwood mills in September.