The Prince George Kodiaks Play with the Pros event starts on May 28th, allowing kids aged 7-13 to learn from some of the best.
“So it’s part of our spring camp for the junior football team. We’ll be bringing in some guest coaches who are former professional players. We’ll be having a youth camp on the Saturday, from 5-8 PM,” said Kodiaks General Manager Ryan Bellamy.
He listed some of the stars new or existing players will run into:
- DeVone Claybrooks, who won a Super Bowl championship with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and was the Head Coach for the BC Lions.
- Brandon Smith, former defensive back for the Calgary Stampeders.
- Sederrik Cunningham, former wide receiver for the Calgary Stampeders.
- Keon Raymond, the PG Kodiaks Head Coach, and former Hamilton Tiger-Cats defensive back.
- Milton Collins, Kodiaks Defensive Back Coach and former defensive back for the Calgary Stampeders.
- Marvin Pope, Kodiaks Defensive Coordinator and former Calgary Stampeders linebacker.
“The former pro players will be putting them through some skills and drills, and just a fun atmosphere. They get to meet these guys, hear their stories. Get to experience football if you haven’t played, or for the ones who have played, you get to experience it at a bit of a different level.”
Bellamy noted that more guest coaches are being announced as the event gets closer.