â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsStudent Advocate Damon Robinson wants to bring outside perspective to SD 57...

Student Advocate Damon Robinson wants to bring outside perspective to SD 57 Board

School District 57 Damon Robinson wants to help set students up for success after school.

Robinson has been living in Prince George since 2016 when he came to attend the College of New Caledonia, where he later became a Membership Outreach Coordinator for the College’s Student’s Union.

“From there I’ve had a lot of experiences, like traveling across the province and representing students, people at need, and most recently I’ve also been selected as, um, a member of the stronger BC Young Leaders Council to represent youth,” Robinson said.

“I have been privileged to have been given a lot of different perspectives, especially for those who are living in Prince George from all communities and I take great pride in in the work that I do, especially at the college.”

- Advertisement -

Robinson said he deals with a lot of Prince George graduates who go to CNC, and finds that they sometimes those students struggle.

“There’s also going to be a lot of people who don’t have everything that they need to succeed in post-secondary or the workforce, and so that’s the perspective that I wanted to bring,” he said.

“The biggest reason for me to put my name into the election, I just want to go in there and set these guys up for success because the system doesn’t work for everybody.”

Robinson said some of the key issues he said he wants to focus on are the children with special needs.

“I want to focus on the kids who come from single parent households, from racial minorities, because oftentimes they are the ones who are left behind,” he said.

The Civic Election will take place on October 15th.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading