â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsUNBC Political Science students launch survey on homelessness, looking for local responses

UNBC Political Science students launch survey on homelessness, looking for local responses

UNBC Political Science Students want to know what the public knows and thinks about homelessness in Prince George.

The class – Political Science 320, Canadian Politics and Policy – has launched a 17-question survey for the public.

“It is looking at two things,” Jason Morris, the class instructor told My PG Now, “the knowledge that the local residents have of the homeless or unhoused situations, and their levels of understanding of what levels of government are responsible for working at addressing the issue.”

The survey includes questions ranging from how serious the homeless situation is, to causes, to solutions.

- Advertisement -

Will Hanlon, one of the members of the class, said they wanted to focus on the issue because of “very visible problems in downtown Prince George, and lots of talk about it.”

“We are hoping this public opinion survey will help inform policy makers in this city about what the public opinion is on the homeless issue, and how they can move forward,” he said.

“Past year’s surveys have had the information presented to Prince George Chamber of Commerce, City Council, and has drawn attention from Provincial Government,” Morris added.

“The students would hope the results further enlighten us on what to do about a growing problem.”

Hanlon said the survey has already received great reception, and is excited to see where the project takes them.

You can find and complete that survey here.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading