Access is now restricted in the areas surrounding the Sutherland Rd wildfire north of Fort Fraser to protect the safety of the public and firefighters.
Here’s the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations BC Wildfire Service Bulletin:
“While this Order of Restricted Access is in effect, no one is allowed to remain in or enter the designated restricted area unless that person is authorized to enter the area to travel to and from work or is a local resident who is travelling to and from his or her residence.
This area restriction order applies to Crown land within the geographic boundaries outlined below, starting from the junction of Highway 27 and the Barlow Forest Service Road:
* due south for one kilometre
* then due west for 24 kilometres
* then southwest for five kilometres to the junction of Dog Creek Road and the Sutherland Forest Service Road
* then north-northwest for 7.8 kilometres to the junction of the Barlow Forest Service Road and the Barlow-Rat Forest Service Road
* then east along the Barlow Forest Service Road back to Highway 27″
The Sutherland Rd. fire is now 50% contained.