DP Todd Secondary students and staff had the choice of going home early today due to a small fire.

Around 1PM, nearly a dozen Prince George firefighters from three different halls were called to the school on Hill Avenue of a garbage can fire smoldering in a women’s washroom.

The building was fully evacuated when crews arrived, the blaze was extinguished quickly, and no injuries were reported.

In a statement sent to parents and guardians, DP Todd Secondary Principal Faith Mackay adds RCMP officers were also on scene to investigate the situation.

She says the school’s regular daily schedule will return to normal starting tomorrow.

Statement Courtesy of DP Todd Secondary School