A duplex fire in the Bowl area caught dozens of attention from local residents.

PG Firefighters from four different halls worked to extinguish the flames Friday afternoon on Pinewood Avenue.

Crews say no one was inside the home at the time of the blaze & believe the damage will be extensive.

“Our initial focus was protecting the adjacent property. There was some melted siding and some heat damage, and our concern in these cases is to make sure the adjacent structures are protected.”

– Fire Chief John Iverson

There’s no word yet on what caused of the fire, but witnesses say it may have started in the basement.

– with files from Matt Fetinko, My PG Now