â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsPro Wrestling school to open in Prince George this fall

Pro Wrestling school to open in Prince George this fall

Prince George’s pro wrestling resurgence is about to hit its next phase this fall.

For the first time in 20 years, a pro wrestling school will be offering classes to students 16+ in the northern capital.

“We are going to be set up in the back of the Prince George Hospice Store in College Heights, in the old location” Stuart Brown, a Primetime Wrestling organizer, told My PG Now. “We are going to have training 4-5 times a week in the evenings, start slamming some bodies and getting things going.”

Brown, who ran a pro wrestling school in Prince George in the late 90s and early 2000s, said classes will work up from the basics of learning how to fall and stay safe in the ring to the “fun stuff” pro wrestling is best known for.

- Advertisement -

He said the school will cost a flat rate of $1,500 from the moment a student enters the building until they leave fully trained.

“You’ll be able to tell after 3 or 4 months if you’re going to be able to actually do it or not,” Brown explained.

Students who go through the program will eventually be featured in Primetime wrestling matches in Prince George, and have the ability to travel to shows elsewhere.

“The Canadian independent circuit is bigger than I think it has ever been,” he said. “There are more shows and more promotions all over Canada now, it is growing quite a bit.”

So far two students have enrolled, Brown said his team is hoping for at least 10 to start off with.

“It is easier when there is more people,” he said. “The more people you can work with, the better you will get at stuff. If you are only wrestling and body slamming one person over and over, you just get a feel for that person. You need to work with a lot.”

The Primetime Wrestling School is set to open up in early September, anyone who is interested in enrolling is being asked to contact Brown at [email protected].

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading